We meet over Zoom typically on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 7:30 p.m. Please contact us for the Zoom link.
- January 11 - Mr. Tim Dutton, Director of UNITE Pinellas, Florida on Building A Racially Equitable and Legally Just Society Register
- February 8 - Aima Ahonkhai Nottidge, MD on The Intersection Between Racial Equity and Public Health in the United States
- March 8 - Mr. Stanley Straughter on Income and Wealth Disparity in the United States
- December 14 - Guest Speaker, Robin Burstein, Anti-Defamation League, on 2020: The Intersection of Antisemitism and Racism
- November 9 - Guest Speaker, Numa St. Louis, on 2020: American Democracy and Voting Rights
- October 26 - Guest Speaker Ky Adderley
- October 12 - Discussion of video How to talk to non-Black kids about racism
- September 14 - Movie in the Park: John Lewis: Good Trouble
- September 7 - Discussion of the book White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- August 24 - Guest Speaker Carlton Johnson
- August 10 - Discussion of TED Talk How to Deconstruct Racism one Headline at a Time by Baratunde Thurston
- July 29 - Finalize goals and objectives
- July 13 - Finalize mission statement and tag line and develop coalition goals and objectives
- June 29 - First meeting - member introductions and develop mission statement and tag line
Advance Racial Equity and Social Justice for People of Color.
The Coalition4justice provides a safe space for all individuals to come together and engage in authentic conversations about racial and social inequity and injustice. The Coalition also provides education and training as a catalyst for meaningful and measurable change in our society.
Connect with the Coalition4justice on FACEBOOK.
COALITION LONG TERM GOALS:
- Promote Personal Transformation of Members of the Community
- Promote Systemic and Institutional Transformation in key areas, including:
- Community Policing
- Criminal Justice System
- Economic Justice
- Income and Wealth Disparity
- Voting Rights
- Promote a More Inclusive Society Where Every American Belongs
COALITION SHORT TERM GOALS:
- Promote awareness and community understanding toward the elimination of discrimination and racism through various community programs and activities
- Provide a variety of educational programs and activities both in the school system to students and staff, and to community members at the Lansdale Library aimed at meeting the Mission of both the Coalition and the Lansdale Public Library
- Public, Private & Religious Schools
Programs and Activities
- School Assembly in Elementary, Middle, Junior High and High Schools
- Presentation to Teachers during In-Service program
- Presentation to individual classes as part of the Social Studies or History Curriculum at all Grade Levels
- Present Video clips on various related topics followed by class/group discussions and activities.
- Work with Youth Groups/Boys Scouts/Girl Guides/YWCA
- After School Programs
- Work with School-Age After School Programs.
- Work with Early Childhood Programs
- Community Programs & Activities:
Topics to include but not limited to –
- Implicit Bias
- The roots of all the above-listed issues in the United States of America, and their impact on people of color and the community at large
- "hite Privilege"
- Black Lives Matter movement, etc.
- Workshops/Seminars/ Webinars
- Presentations by Speakers and Panels
- Movies/Videos/Book Reviews - Analyze and Discuss
- "Tell Your Story Sessions." People share their Personal Stories of Lived Experiences, e,g "What it is like to be a Person of Color in the US." Record personal stories and use in the schools also
- Open Dialoguing Sessions
Download a brochure to print
Never Doubt that You can Make a Difference in Our Community and Ensure a Better Future for us All
Dr. Bernadine Ahonkhai, Coalition Founder
firstname.lastname@example.org; (215) 588-7509
Tom Meyer, Library Director, Lansdale Public Library
email@example.com; (215) 362-2666