We meet over Zoom typically on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 7:30 p.m. Please contact us for the Zoom link.
The Willow Grove NAACP celebrated UNITY DAY on Saturday, September 10, 2021 at the Crescent Park in Willow Grove PA. Coalition4justice was one of the Community organizations that participated at the UNITY DAY event.
Never Doubt that You can Make a Difference in Our Community and Ensure a Better Future for us All
Advance Racial Equity and Social Justice for People of Color.
The Coalition4justice provides a safe space for all individuals to come together and engage in authentic conversations about racial and social inequity and injustice. The Coalition also provides education and training as a catalyst for meaningful and measurable change in our society.
Connect with the Coalition4justice on FACEBOOK.
COALITION LONG TERM GOALS:
- Promote Personal Transformation of Members of the Community
- Promote Systemic and Institutional Transformation in key areas, including:
- Community Policing
- Criminal Justice System
- Economic Justice
- Income and Wealth Disparity
- Voting Rights
- Promote a More Inclusive Society Where Every American Belongs
COALITION SHORT TERM GOALS:
- Promote awareness and community understanding toward the elimination of discrimination and racism through various community programs and activities
- Provide a variety of educational programs and activities both in the school system to students and staff, and to community members at the Lansdale Library aimed at meeting the Mission of both the Coalition and the Lansdale Public Library
- Public, Private & Religious Schools
Programs and Activities
- School Assembly in Elementary, Middle, Junior High and High Schools
- Presentation to Teachers during In-Service program
- Presentation to individual classes as part of the Social Studies or History Curriculum at all Grade Levels
- Present Video clips on various related topics followed by class/group discussions and activities.
- Work with Youth Groups/Boys Scouts/Girl Guides/YWCA
- After School Programs
- Work with School-Age After School Programs.
- Work with Early Childhood Programs
- Community Programs & Activities:
Topics to include but not limited to –
- Implicit Bias
- The roots of all the above-listed issues in the United States of America, and their impact on people of color and the community at large
- "White Privilege"
- Black Lives Matter movement, etc.
- Workshops/Seminars/ Webinars
- Presentations by Speakers and Panels
- Movies/Videos/Book Reviews - Analyze and Discuss
- "Tell Your Story Sessions." People share their Personal Stories of Lived Experiences, e,g "What it is like to be a Person of Color in the US." Record personal stories and use in the schools also
- Open Dialoguing Sessions
Download a brochure to print
Dr. Bernadine Ahonkhai, Coalition Founder
email@example.com; (215) 588-7509
Tom Meyer, Library Director, Lansdale Public Library
firstname.lastname@example.org; (215) 362-2666
- Sept 13 - Honorable Judge Edward Levine will discuss Implementing New Approaches to Mitigate Bias and/or Inequitable Outcomes in the Justice System
- August 9 - The Role of Banks in Closing the Racial Wealth Gap SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: April Donahue presentation slides |
- July 12 - The Law and Your Community SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: David Perry
- June 14 - Mass Incarceration and The United States Criminal Justice System: What’s is Wrong with it? SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: Matthew Wilkov, Esq., Partner at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg and Gifford presentation slideshow
- May 10 - How to Go Beyond the Allyship in Higher Education: Advocates, Agitators and Co-conspirators SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS: Doreen Loury, Ph. D, Arcadia University and Maurice Antoine “Tony” Davis,M.A,Montgomery County Community College presentation slideshow | 61 Forms of Voter Suppression Document | presentation recording
- April 26 Fighting Voter Suppression with Ellen Price-Maloy presentation slideshow
- April 12 -Angela McIver, MA-Chief Executive Officer, Fair Housing Rights Center of Southeastern PA. Presentation on air Housing to the Rescue: From Centuries of Disenfranchisement to Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as Amended. presentation slides
- March 22 - Discussion of the video Celebrate Black History Month with The Carlos Watson Show
- March 8 - Mr. Stanley Straughter on Income and Wealth Disparity in the United States presentation slides
- February 22 - Discussion of video The Amber Ruffin Show: How did we get here
- February 8 - Aima Ahonkhai Nottidge, MD on The Intersection Between Racial Equity and Public Health in the United States video to watch before presentation, presentation slideshow presentation recording
- January 25 - Dr. Bernadine Ahonkhai's presentation on Disparities in Health and Health Care in the United States.video we watched before presentation presentation slideshow
- January 11 - Mr. Tim Dutton, Director of UNITE Pinellas, Florida on Building A Racially Equitable and Legally Just Society presentation recording
- December 14 - Guest Speaker, Robin Burstein, Anti-Defamation League, on 2020: The Intersection of Antisemitism and Racism presentation recording
- November 9 - Guest Speaker, Numa St. Louis, on 2020: American Democracy and Voting Rights presentation recording
- October 26 - Guest Speaker Ky Adderley presentation recording
- October 12 - Discussion of video How to talk to non-Black kids about racism
- September 14 - Movie in the Park: John Lewis: Good Trouble
- September 7 - Discussion of the book White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- August 24 - Guest Speaker Carlton Johnson
- August 10 - Discussion of TED Talk How to Deconstruct Racism one Headline at a Time by Baratunde Thurston
- July 29 - Finalize goals and objectives
- July 13 - Finalize mission statement and tag line and develop coalition goals and objectives
- June 29 - First meeting - member introductions and develop mission statement and tag line